Learning management systems (LMS) are immensely useful for healthcare professionals pursuing continuing medical education.
There are many LMS providers, each offering a variety of features. Consider the needs of your organization and what LMS features will best satisfy those needs. To choose the option best suited to your organization, you must first understand what an LMS can offer.
To get you started, here are a few key features to look for when considering a new LMS for your medical association:
- Streamlined processing. This includes a single location for communication between users regarding assignments and grades, a straightforward platform for course management, and reduced paper use. The singular location offered by LMS makes it easy to add, remove, store, and delete course materials.
- Increased participation. LMS offers learners 24/7 access to course materials, announcements and grades. With course schedule flexibility, learners can participate without neglecting pressing work or family commitments. Most LMS programs also include a course-based email, which can be used to engage with instructors and other learners.
- Outcomes measurement. LMS with the ability to measure learner success not only demonstrates the value of your program, but can also indicate areas that need improvement. Finding a LMS with a customizable built-in reporting system will benefit your organization in the long run.
How Can an LMS System Support Your Medical Organization?
When deciding on a new LMS for your medical system, it’s important to select a program that reflects the values of your organization. Certain systems offer capabilities that can directly support your organization through:
- A branded learning environment. LMS can be tailored to the aesthetic of your organization through colors, logos, and styling.
- Online management. This allows course instructors to upload courses, manage accounts, and build community features directly through a web browser.
- Automated testing and CE certificate generation. Medical systems with LMS can streamline the testing process. LMS also makes it easy to create certificates of completion once assignments have been assessed.
At EthosCE, we provide quality LMS for medical systems to support organizations in their continuing medical education. For more information about our services, please contact us at 267-234-7401.