Get the most out of your LMS demo by implementing strategies targeted towards the needs of your organization.
Choosing a new learning management system (LMS) for your organization can be overwhelming, especially if you’re considering the many different options available. As you look for a new LMS provider, it’s important to look for options that will both effectively engage users and work seamlessly alongside other technologies to create an effective and accessible framework for learning. Such factors must be considered alongside the standard objectives for most major LMS, which includes high return on investment.
When viewing a learning management system demo, you’ll have the opportunity to ask the vendor some questions to inform your decision. In order to get the most out of your LMS demo, be prepared with strategies and questions that will highlight what you are looking for in an LMS provider. This process will define your requirements and compare and contrast different LMS providers. The following tips are designed to guide your selection to a new LMS application that will best suit your organization’s needs.
5 Strategies To Maximize Your Learning Management System Demo Experience
- Prioritize features necessary for your organization. LMS demos last for a certain period of time, and it’s important to make the most of this time by focusing on features and functionality options that will best serve your organization. If the demo doesn’t offer the specific features that you’re looking for, you will be able to readily pursue other options.
- Look for a program that is user friendly. LMS programs that are outdated or difficult to use will not benefit employee productivity. It’s imperative while demoing a learning management system to inspect the program from a user perspective.
- Consider your target audience. Before the demonstration begins, it may be helpful to create scenarios that your users will regularly engage in. Asking your vendor to demonstrate standard learner tasks like registration, course completion, and assessments will help you understand what your learners will experience, and give you a better idea if this specific LMS will suit your organization.
- Differentiate between LMS needs and desires. Understanding what you need from an LMS program versus what you want will help you overlook shiny features and instead focus in on the true merits offered by the program. If you discover features that you like but don’t necessarily need, it may be helpful to take a step back and consider how additional features will benefit your educational environment.
- Ask clarifying questions. Making sure that the LMS vendor understand your needs is essential to finding a system that works for you. Consequently, it’s important to ask questions about standards, features, and costs during the LMS demo to best direct your search.
EthosCE is the industry-leading, SCORM-compliant learning management system designed to automate and modernize the delivery of continuing education in the health professions. We work closely with leading medical association, academic centers, and health system to optimize their technology infrastructure and create an easy-to-use and intuitive environment for learners and CME administrators alike. For more information about our EthosCE, please contact us at 267-234-7401.