CME trackers are an immensely beneficial part of learning management systems.
For most healthcare organizations, it’s helpful to have a learning management system that is specifically designed for continuing medical education (CME). Organizations dealing with diminished budgets, regulation changes, and increased reporting requirements may find it valuable to seek out an LMS vendor offering expert technology in the continuing medical education field.
Learning management systems can act as a CME platform for a variety of organizations, including academic health systems and member-based healthcare associations. CME solutions not only advance learner experience, but can also reduce administrative costs and fulfill ACCME guidelines.
The right CME platform will also reinforce learner participation. If you want to improve your learner participation levels, choose a program that includes a CME tracker. CME trackers advocate for active participation from healthcare professionals as they pursue continuing medical education. To illustrate the potential value, here are 6 specific benefits of tracking CME.
6 Benefits Of A CME Tracker
On the surface, CME tracking simply details which employees participate in continuing medical education. However, not all CME trackers are created equal. Look for these additional benefits when considering a CME tracker for your organization:
- Offers offline tracking. The potential to track offline learning will effectively record your on-the-go learners. For administrators, this type of tracking eliminates the need to be committed to a specific location.
- Tracks and enforces attendance. CME trackers that require attendance for completion encourage active participation.
- Employs offline events to promote engagement. Allowing instructors to set pass/fail gradings based on offline events can initiate user involvement.
- Offers email reminders. CME trackers that facilitate email reminders for upcoming events can be extremely helpful for learners, as they balance work duties, home life, and continuing education.
- Records attendance via mobile phones. Mobile capabilities make tracking attendance fluid and accessible.
- Integrates seamlessly with other types of software. CME trackers are most effective when they work together with other types of software (such as learning management systems and event management software) to create an experience that is conducive to learning.
Obviously, CME tracking has come a long way from simple participation management. With these additional features, CME trackers have become invaluable tools in the world of continuing medical education. If you would like to incorporate a tracking tool into your CME program, consider EthosCE, the leading learning management system for medical associations, academic medical centers, health systems, and medical education companies
EthosCE is the industry-leading, SCORM-compliant learning management system designed to automate and modernize the delivery of continuing education in the health professions. We work closely with leading medical association, academic centers, and health system to optimize their technology infrastructure and create an easy-to-use and intuitive environment for learners and CME administrators alike. For more information about our EthosCE, please contact us at 267-234-7401.